Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Pioneer Woman At Davis-Kidd

This week I headed to Green Hills with my friend Terri. We went to Davis-Kidd to get our "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" cookbooks signed by the author, Ree Drummond. She has a fantastic blog.

It was great to meet The Pioneer Woman(PW)! Having read her blog for some time many of the people in the signing line felt like they were meeting an old friend. The only problem was we all knew everything about PW and she knew nothing about us!

The Pioneer Woman always talks about a perfume, "Sugar Lemon" by Fresh. Terri and I went to Sephora to give it a smell. It smelled great! PW is totally right!

Terri and I were very excited to be at the book signing!














This picture was taken by Mike, a Belmont student, who stood in line for 4 hours waiting to get a book signed for his mother's Christmas present!

I finally made it up to the signing line where I gave PW some small TN Gifts: Goo Goo Clusters - Supreme and a small bottle of Jack Daniels...for cooking of course.

Here I am with PW. This is a TERRIBLE picture of me!














This is Mike and PW!














The Pioneer Woman also brought her sister and her good friend Hyacinth along for a few stops on the book tour! I did not get my picture taken with them, but Terri Did! Left to Right: Hyacinth - PWs friend, Terri, and Betsy - PW's sister.













It was a great night! Thanks to the Pioneer Woman for coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment